Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Quotes: I will start writing for u!

I  love quotes!  Quotes are little golden nuggets of wisdom – that make me think, challenge my mindset, and many times, help to change my perspective.  For years, whenever I came across a positive quote I would write it down in my journal, stick it on the bathroom mirror, and even; all over my walls when I was in pageants.As a  person who learned to become optimistic, I realized that a positive quote could make the difference between having a good day or a bad day.  I am inspired by people who come through adversity, wiser, kinder, and resilient.  That's why I decided to everyday share a quote with you.  Here are some that have inspired me one way or the other.  Enjoy & Feedback is Always Welcomed!

  1. Of all the judgments we pass in life, none is more important than the judgment we pass on ourselves. Nathaniel Branden
  2. Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different. Stacey Charter
  3. You need to claim the events in your life to make yourself yours. Anne-Wilson Schaef
  4. Genuine beginnings begin within us, even when they are brought to our attention by external opportunities. William Bridges
  5. If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured and far away. Henry David Thoreau
  6. Accept no one’s definition of your life. Define yourself. Harry Feinstein
  7. To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections. Sandra Bierig
  8. Be yourself. An original is always worth more than a copy.
  9. Joy exists only in self-acceptance. Seek perfect acceptance, not a perfect life.
I will post a new Quote M-F.  Be Uplifted, Be Inspired and Stay True to YourSelf!

Love, Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment